80+ Engaging Social Media Questions
11 min read
Social media is a basin of leads as well as loyal customers. So setting up a company account on at least one social media channel is great because you can encounter many benefits from doing so! But unfortunately, it's not that simple.
Perhaps you maintain social media accounts but haven't noticed much engagement with your content lately. Or the involvement is there but negligible, and you definitely expected more. Well, if this sounds familiar, then you might be interested in more than 80 engaging suggestions for your social media questions.
Are you in? So here we go!
Why should you ask social media questions?
Engage social media users
To begin with, think about why you should actually use engaging questions on social media platforms. The answer immediately comes to mind: increasing social media engagement. And bingo! When publishing content on social media, what matters is how social media users will respond to it. After all, you are publishing posts for your target audience, right?
But often, you need to encourage your audience to increase social media engagement. In this case, it's a good idea to include CTAs in your messages, as well as engagement questions that also provide an incentive to get your recipients to interact. Such questions will work perfectly in this situation. They drive discussion, encourage sharing, provide cross-posting opportunities, and provide inspiration for future social media posts.
But that's not the only reason why you should use these types of questions.
Get more reach
Another benefit of social media questions is the increase in reach. Brands that engage followers and start conversations on social media are favored by social media algorithms. Therefore, you will reach a wider audience as your posts get more comments. In addition, social media users often tag friends to ensure they see and respond to a post. Then your content expands even further, and more people can interact with it. And it's even better if they also share it. So, if you want your posts to have more reach as well, use just this type of question. There's a good chance they'll be the ones that encourage interaction with your content and positively impact your reach.
Increase customer satisfaction
Such questions can also improve customer satisfaction, as they can directly relate to your products, services, or even your entire offerings. But that's not all, as they can also be related to activities carried out on social media channels. For example, simple questions "On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with your last purchase? Why?" and "If you could recommend one product from our offer to a friend, what would you choose?" or "What recipe should we publish next?" can bring you a lot of insights. Among other things, such social media questions will let you know what your customers expect and what areas you need to work on more. You'll also learn what kind of content your audience likes to see, and you'll be able to apply yourself accordingly.
Every social media manager wants to boost engagement, get more reach, and understand people's needs and market trends. Therefore they can take advantage of such quantitative and qualitative data coming from social media. Additionally, this information is beneficial when creating new products or services.
What social media questions are we talking about? Let's take a look at the list below!
Top 80+ engaging social media questions
#1 Lifestyle Questions
- How often do you order online?
- Which brand do you like the most?
- What's your favorite food?
- What webinars have you attended recently?
- What are your top 3 movies that you would recommend to a friend?
- What joke made you laugh the most recently?
- What is the place you never go to and why?
- Where have you planned your next trip?
- What was your best trip ever?
- What are your plans for the weekend?
- What was your best baked good?
#2 Product/service questions
- Are you satisfied with our customer service?
- What product are you missing from our store?
- Did your last purchase meet your expectations?
- Which product from our store is perfect for a gift?
- What payment methods do you use most often?
- What was your fastest order from our store?
- Does the delivery time satisfy you?
- What would you change in our online store?
- Would you use the app if we launched it?
- What will be your next purchase from our store?
- Do you prefer discounts or free shipping?
#3 Social presence questions
- How much do you like our social media accounts?
- What would you want to see on our social profiles?
- What kind of content do you want to see more often?
- Should we publish more video content?
- Are we publishing enough posts?
- Are you familiar with our Instagram account?
- Do you want us to broadcast our webinars on Facebook?
- What topic should the next Facebook Live be about?
- Who should we invite to our next Facebook Live meeting?
- How about we publish more infographics?
- Which of the following topics should we discuss next time?
#4 Survey questions
- How long have you known our profile? A) A month B) A year C) More
- Do you like working with a team? A) Yes B) No
- Are you interested in Social Media Marketing? A) Yes B) No C) Don't know
- How often do you participate in webinars? A) Once a week B) A couple of times a month C) Less often
- Which social media platform do you use most? A) Facebook B) Instagram C) Twitter D) TikTok E) Other
- Are you a book or movie lover? A) Books B) Movies C) Both
- What do you want to learn next? A) Facebook Updates B) News on our offer C) I want more memes
- When do you most often browse social media? A) In the morning B) At noon C) In the evening D) I’m a night owl!
- Are you using polls on your social media accounts? A) Yes B) No C) Only polls!
- How are you doing today? A) Great B) Not nasty C) Not good D) Don't know yet
- How much do you like the content we share? A) It couldn't be better B) It’s pretty ok C) I've seen better D) Please change everything
#5 Fill-in-the-blank questions
- I really hate when___
- I look forward to ___
- I know I shouldn't, but ___
- Today is Monday, so ___
- I never had time to ___
- My favorite book related to social media is ___
- When I finish this social media plan, I will ___
- My goal today is ___
- I could talk for hours about ___
- I am most motivated when ___
- I've been putting off ___ for a few days and still can't get around to it!
#6 This or that questions
- Summer holidays or winter holidays?
- Working remotely or in an office?
- Team Facebook or team Instagram?
- Evenings with friends or with your love?
- Studying or working?
- Pepsi or Coke?
- Movie in the cinema or at home?
- Shopping online or stationary?
- Christmas or Easter?
- Warm countries or cold countries?
- Pop or rock n’ roll?
#7 "What’s your favorite" questions.
- What's your favorite brand?
- What's your favorite time of day?
- What's your favorite social media platform?
- What's your favorite board game?
- What's your favorite Christmas cake?
- What's your favorite product from our store?
- What's your favorite post on our channel?
- What is your favorite way to get to work?
- What is your favorite pub in town?
- What is your favorite thing about work?
- What is your favorite blog post?
#8 "What would you do if..." questions
- What would you do if you could get away from here to anywhere?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- What would you do if you were a movie star?
- What would you do if you were retired?
- What would you do if you were an animal?
- What would you do if you could travel through time?
- What would you do if you were confident that your business idea would succeed?
- What would you do if you were alone on a desert island?
- What would you do if all your employees were laid off?
- What would you do if you woke up in a strange city and couldn't remember anything?
- What would you do if you got a lifetime discount at our store?
Boost social media engagement with these 8 tips
To further increase engagement with your content, we have 8 tips for you. Here they are:
Tip 1: Reply to comments
Be sure to respond to your visitors' comments on social platforms. If possible, respond to each one, but if there are too many, pay attention to the most interesting ones. And definitely don't skip questions - they especially should get a response. With such reactions, you prove that you are listening to your customers and that their voice on the Internet is not being ignored.
Tip 2: Share questions and answers
If an answer especially stands out, don't hesitate to share it. Or maybe one of your customers' questions turned out to be very pertinent, and you didn't have the idea to bring up the topic yourself? In that case, answer it and share it too. Perhaps in this way, you will solve the problem of more than one customer.
Tip 3: Use hashtags
Increasing reach and interest on your social media platforms is possible with the right content, but also with hashtags. Using them, you group posts and tag them, telling the public what they are about. So by using hashtags, you not only reach a larger audience, but you also reach an audience that is interested in that particular topic. In turn, these audiences may be very interested in your content.
Tip 4: Use a consistent style
Your communication style matters, so every social media marketer should use consistent communication throughout social media. This will make your brand recognizable, your communication seamless, and your customers' experience better. In addition, it will allow many business owners to differentiate their brand from the competition, which certainly won't hurt them.
Tip 5: Take advantage of inspirational templates
Provide differentiated activities in your social media channels, especially those your audience desires. For example, if you don't have any post ideas on how to make them attractive, then use ready-made templates! Many tools offer such layouts, so you don't have to spend hours coming up with new post ideas for your publications - just use what is already ready and works great.
Tip 8: Recycle your best posts
Which of your posts turned out to be a shot in the arm? Then congratulations, that's what it was all about! With the right tools, you can reuse those posts and recycle them in seconds. So breathe a second life into these publications and let them keep working, especially if it's evergreen content or a topic that's popular again.
FeedHive is your best chance
For you to get the best out of social media and engage your audience using the right social media questions, you could use a little help. FeedHive can guarantee it.
FeedHive is a robust scheduling tool for social media empowered by AI that will help you with your social media questions.
Such questions can be efficiently planned and scheduled in advance with our tool as it allows you to create, edit and manage your social media questions. Choose the date you want to publish the post, then select the question you want to ask add other elements like hashtags, graphics, or video, and save the draft! And there you go, schedule as many posts as you want. If you want to change anything, feel free to do it.
Many features will help you to arouse the engagement of your audience as FeedHive has all basic, and advanced features, including custom labels, 300+ templates, workspaces, post conditions, automatic retweets, AI hashtag generator, AI performance prediction, analytics, posts recycle, etc. You can even create carousels on Instagram or post to Facebook groups.
See FeedHive's pricing list and choose an option that is convenient for you.
To sum up
Engaging social media questions is an excellent way for your brand to restore its brilliance and interest. We've given you over 80 examples of such questions in this article. Use them wisely!
With the ever-evolving social media landscape, you should keep your hand on the pulse. To be successful on social media and grow your business online, use FeedHive, and you will have everything under control. So get started with our 7 days trial!